I need to replace a tub/shower faucet in a building with very high hot water temps (145 degrees). Dialing down the temp is not an option (the boss says so!). I'm looking at an American Standard model 2043 thermostatic unit and would like any feedback you might have concerning that model or another model faucet you are familliar with and would recommend. Many people use this shower and I don't want anyone parboiled.
Thanx - Da Roach
You could not pay me enough to install an American Standard, OR Kohler product. IF push somes to shove Id install the AS rather then the kohler
PERSONALLY I would not settle for just a pressure balance Or just a temperature balance type.
The Temperature balance type does not allow for pressure fluctuations and the pressure balance does not allow for drastic temperature changes
Powers, Delta, and some other brands make decent shower body's T&P type.
The problem with a temperature only type is the element can become coated with mineral deposits and not give an accurate reading.
The pressure type does not take seasonal temperature changes into account
Powers had a great product line that you should look into prior to making a decision you may regret later on.
Delta has a great warrantee program that I am very impressed with.
Repairing leaking tub/shower faucet
Shower Control blockage
How hard to replace tub/shower faucet?
shower faucet leeks?? im not sure what its called.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- Best Solutions for Every Messy Kitchen Drawer
- 8 DIY Storage Ideas for a Closet-less Room
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- How to Refinish a Dresser
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- The Toilets of Tomorrow