I need to replace a tub/shower faucet in a building with very high hot water temps (145 degrees). Dialing down the temp is not an option (the boss says so!). I'm looking at an American Standard model 2043 thermostatic unit and would like any feedback you might have concerning that model or another model faucet you are familliar with and would recommend. Many people use this shower and I don't want anyone parboiled.
Thanx - Da Roach
You could not pay me enough to install an American Standard, OR Kohler product. IF push somes to shove Id install the AS rather then the kohler
PERSONALLY I would not settle for just a pressure balance Or just a temperature balance type.
The Temperature balance type does not allow for pressure fluctuations and the pressure balance does not allow for drastic temperature changes
Powers, Delta, and some other brands make decent shower body's T&P type.
The problem with a temperature only type is the element can become coated with mineral deposits and not give an accurate reading.
The pressure type does not take seasonal temperature changes into account
Powers had a great product line that you should look into prior to making a decision you may regret later on.
Delta has a great warrantee program that I am very impressed with.
Repairing leaking tub/shower faucet
Shower Control blockage
How hard to replace tub/shower faucet?
shower faucet leeks?? im not sure what its called.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers