I need to replace a tub/shower faucet in a building with very high hot water temps (145 degrees). Dialing down the temp is not an option (the boss says so!). I'm looking at an American Standard model 2043 thermostatic unit and would like any feedback you might have concerning that model or another model faucet you are familliar with and would recommend. Many people use this shower and I don't want anyone parboiled.
Thanx - Da Roach
You could not pay me enough to install an American Standard, OR Kohler product. IF push somes to shove Id install the AS rather then the kohler
PERSONALLY I would not settle for just a pressure balance Or just a temperature balance type.
The Temperature balance type does not allow for pressure fluctuations and the pressure balance does not allow for drastic temperature changes
Powers, Delta, and some other brands make decent shower body's T&P type.
The problem with a temperature only type is the element can become coated with mineral deposits and not give an accurate reading.
The pressure type does not take seasonal temperature changes into account
Powers had a great product line that you should look into prior to making a decision you may regret later on.
Delta has a great warrantee program that I am very impressed with.
Repairing leaking tub/shower faucet
Shower Control blockage
How hard to replace tub/shower faucet?
shower faucet leeks?? im not sure what its called.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects