The shower in our main bathroom keeps coming on automatically. We will come home form work and it has been on all day or sometimes we have to shut it off 2-3 times a day. We have replaced the shower head. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Picture a shower head as the end of a garden hose just because the nozzle is supposed to be off doesn't mean it wont leak.
The shower head lets water out and possibly allows for various spray patterns PERIOD.
It is not intended to act as a shut off as this would then be a mixing device allowing cold water to enter the H/W not a good thing as this is called a cross connection.
What does close the water is the shower body and sometimes with age the cartridges / spindles slip allowing seepage and these are the parts that have to be replaced.
I had several American Standard faucets in one account turn themselves on.
This is especially true when folks are not home and the pressure builds inside the system like a hot water heater where no provisions were made for the expansion during the heating cycle.
Get the name of your shower body model number if possible and order the repair parts as instructed.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 10 DIY Ways Renters Can Customize Their Space
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Secondhand Shopping Tips