The shower in our main bathroom keeps coming on automatically. We will come home form work and it has been on all day or sometimes we have to shut it off 2-3 times a day. We have replaced the shower head. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Picture a shower head as the end of a garden hose just because the nozzle is supposed to be off doesn't mean it wont leak.
The shower head lets water out and possibly allows for various spray patterns PERIOD.
It is not intended to act as a shut off as this would then be a mixing device allowing cold water to enter the H/W not a good thing as this is called a cross connection.
What does close the water is the shower body and sometimes with age the cartridges / spindles slip allowing seepage and these are the parts that have to be replaced.
I had several American Standard faucets in one account turn themselves on.
This is especially true when folks are not home and the pressure builds inside the system like a hot water heater where no provisions were made for the expansion during the heating cycle.
Get the name of your shower body model number if possible and order the repair parts as instructed.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight