The shower in our main bathroom keeps coming on automatically. We will come home form work and it has been on all day or sometimes we have to shut it off 2-3 times a day. We have replaced the shower head. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Picture a shower head as the end of a garden hose just because the nozzle is supposed to be off doesn't mean it wont leak.
The shower head lets water out and possibly allows for various spray patterns PERIOD.
It is not intended to act as a shut off as this would then be a mixing device allowing cold water to enter the H/W not a good thing as this is called a cross connection.
What does close the water is the shower body and sometimes with age the cartridges / spindles slip allowing seepage and these are the parts that have to be replaced.
I had several American Standard faucets in one account turn themselves on.
This is especially true when folks are not home and the pressure builds inside the system like a hot water heater where no provisions were made for the expansion during the heating cycle.
Get the name of your shower body model number if possible and order the repair parts as instructed.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING