The shower in our main bathroom keeps coming on automatically. We will come home form work and it has been on all day or sometimes we have to shut it off 2-3 times a day. We have replaced the shower head. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Picture a shower head as the end of a garden hose just because the nozzle is supposed to be off doesn't mean it wont leak.
The shower head lets water out and possibly allows for various spray patterns PERIOD.
It is not intended to act as a shut off as this would then be a mixing device allowing cold water to enter the H/W not a good thing as this is called a cross connection.
What does close the water is the shower body and sometimes with age the cartridges / spindles slip allowing seepage and these are the parts that have to be replaced.
I had several American Standard faucets in one account turn themselves on.
This is especially true when folks are not home and the pressure builds inside the system like a hot water heater where no provisions were made for the expansion during the heating cycle.
Get the name of your shower body model number if possible and order the repair parts as instructed.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects