The shower in our main bathroom keeps coming on automatically. We will come home form work and it has been on all day or sometimes we have to shut it off 2-3 times a day. We have replaced the shower head. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Picture a shower head as the end of a garden hose just because the nozzle is supposed to be off doesn't mean it wont leak.
The shower head lets water out and possibly allows for various spray patterns PERIOD.
It is not intended to act as a shut off as this would then be a mixing device allowing cold water to enter the H/W not a good thing as this is called a cross connection.
What does close the water is the shower body and sometimes with age the cartridges / spindles slip allowing seepage and these are the parts that have to be replaced.
I had several American Standard faucets in one account turn themselves on.
This is especially true when folks are not home and the pressure builds inside the system like a hot water heater where no provisions were made for the expansion during the heating cycle.
Get the name of your shower body model number if possible and order the repair parts as instructed.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them