I am having toilet problems. Sometimes it takes 2-3 or maybe more flushes to get solids to flush out of the toilet bowl. I have removed the toilet and the drain is fine. I can't find anything lodged in the toilet trap and have made sure that the vent is clear. Is it possible that my problem is the holes under the rim are partially clogged ? If so,what is the best way to clean them out ? If I dump a couple gallons of water into the bowl,it flushes fine everytime. That is why I am leaning toward this as the possible problem.
Thanks for any help !!!
We used a paper clip wire to clean the holes under the rim of mineral deposits like salt etc Worked like a charm and no harsh chemicals
I have larger holes in my toilet so I used a small rasp file to ream them out. 10 out of 12 flushes were perfect. All the water drained out of the bowl. I'll ream them out again tomorrow and see what happens.
Thanks Again !!
Thanks Again !!
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING