I am having toilet problems. Sometimes it takes 2-3 or maybe more flushes to get solids to flush out of the toilet bowl. I have removed the toilet and the drain is fine. I can't find anything lodged in the toilet trap and have made sure that the vent is clear. Is it possible that my problem is the holes under the rim are partially clogged ? If so,what is the best way to clean them out ? If I dump a couple gallons of water into the bowl,it flushes fine everytime. That is why I am leaning toward this as the possible problem.
Thanks for any help !!!
We used a paper clip wire to clean the holes under the rim of mineral deposits like salt etc Worked like a charm and no harsh chemicals
I have larger holes in my toilet so I used a small rasp file to ream them out. 10 out of 12 flushes were perfect. All the water drained out of the bowl. I'll ream them out again tomorrow and see what happens.
Thanks Again !!
Thanks Again !!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers