I am having toilet problems. Sometimes it takes 2-3 or maybe more flushes to get solids to flush out of the toilet bowl. I have removed the toilet and the drain is fine. I can't find anything lodged in the toilet trap and have made sure that the vent is clear. Is it possible that my problem is the holes under the rim are partially clogged ? If so,what is the best way to clean them out ? If I dump a couple gallons of water into the bowl,it flushes fine everytime. That is why I am leaning toward this as the possible problem.
Thanks for any help !!!
We used a paper clip wire to clean the holes under the rim of mineral deposits like salt etc Worked like a charm and no harsh chemicals
I have larger holes in my toilet so I used a small rasp file to ream them out. 10 out of 12 flushes were perfect. All the water drained out of the bowl. I'll ream them out again tomorrow and see what happens.
Thanks Again !!
Thanks Again !!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees