I can't find a septic catagory so I thought this would be a good place to post my question. Has anyone heard of the Septic Genie for unclogging leach holes and the drain field? Our cesspool is old but is structurally in very good condition. However, a couple of months ago effluent started to rise around the clean-out cap after a few long showers were taken in a row. I am guessing that the soil in our drain/leach field is too clogged or settled with waste. I have read about the "Septic Genie" which is an air pump driven system you put in your tank that circulates waste eating bacteria into your tank and supposedly it unclogs the leach holes and the biomat in the leach field.
Any insight on this product or another solution would be greatly appreciated.
Help! Sump pump turning yard into a swamp!
How do I unclog septic tank leach field?
clean out pipe in yard
What is the best underlay for laminate flooring???
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight