For over a year when we used water ( sink, toilet, dishwasher, etc) we heard a chain saw like noise in the basement wall where the water supply entered the house.
We could never figure out the problem but we suspected a problem with the shutoff handle.
This week I installed a new Toto toilet in the basement ( a replacement for a 20 year American Standard toilet) and the noise in the wall no longer exists.
Does this make sense that the old toilet caused the problem.
Many ball cocks when their washers are giving up the ghost make a sound like a 22 cal machine gun going off VERY COMMON
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!