For over a year when we used water ( sink, toilet, dishwasher, etc) we heard a chain saw like noise in the basement wall where the water supply entered the house.
We could never figure out the problem but we suspected a problem with the shutoff handle.
This week I installed a new Toto toilet in the basement ( a replacement for a 20 year American Standard toilet) and the noise in the wall no longer exists.
Does this make sense that the old toilet caused the problem.
Many ball cocks when their washers are giving up the ghost make a sound like a 22 cal machine gun going off VERY COMMON
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love