So I woke up Tuesday a.m. to find out I had no water in my upstairs bathroom. Water downstairs if fine. After reading the posts, I followed a bunch of different suggestions -turned up the heat in the house, left cabinets open, used a hair dryer - still nothing.
Before I left for work, I shut off the main water and opened the valve so if anything defrosts, it would leak out.
I came home today and there is a lot of water in the bucket under the open valve. Still no cold water. I suspect the pipe is running up an outside wall.
I can't imagine that all that water in the bucket is from the pipes thawing and I still have no cold water.
Any other suggestions?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Plant Containers to Make with Everyday Items
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Easy Ways to Revitalize Outdoor Furniture
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda