My wife painted this chalk board paint on the wall as a chalk board. I was wondering what I can use to use as a chalk board rail.
I did use a piece of base board that only worked temporally till the board got warped. Any help would be appreciated.
I would get a 3" wide or so piece of pine or poplar from the home center along with some quarter round or shoe molding to use on the front edge. Glue the trim to the board with carpenters glue while either clamping it or nailing with small finish nails if you don't have enough clamps. Then thoroughly finish the whole pice with polyurethane. The poly is mostly what will keep it from warping along with a good wall attachment method.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!