My wife painted this chalk board paint on the wall as a chalk board. I was wondering what I can use to use as a chalk board rail.
I did use a piece of base board that only worked temporally till the board got warped. Any help would be appreciated.
I would get a 3" wide or so piece of pine or poplar from the home center along with some quarter round or shoe molding to use on the front edge. Glue the trim to the board with carpenters glue while either clamping it or nailing with small finish nails if you don't have enough clamps. Then thoroughly finish the whole pice with polyurethane. The poly is mostly what will keep it from warping along with a good wall attachment method.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects