My wife painted this chalk board paint on the wall as a chalk board. I was wondering what I can use to use as a chalk board rail.
I did use a piece of base board that only worked temporally till the board got warped. Any help would be appreciated.
I would get a 3" wide or so piece of pine or poplar from the home center along with some quarter round or shoe molding to use on the front edge. Glue the trim to the board with carpenters glue while either clamping it or nailing with small finish nails if you don't have enough clamps. Then thoroughly finish the whole pice with polyurethane. The poly is mostly what will keep it from warping along with a good wall attachment method.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight