My wife painted this chalk board paint on the wall as a chalk board. I was wondering what I can use to use as a chalk board rail.
I did use a piece of base board that only worked temporally till the board got warped. Any help would be appreciated.
I would get a 3" wide or so piece of pine or poplar from the home center along with some quarter round or shoe molding to use on the front edge. Glue the trim to the board with carpenters glue while either clamping it or nailing with small finish nails if you don't have enough clamps. Then thoroughly finish the whole pice with polyurethane. The poly is mostly what will keep it from warping along with a good wall attachment method.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING