All of the supply piping in my home is 3/4 "PEX tubing. I am on a well system, and my water seems to contain a large amount of silt. I want to install a filter in the cold water line going to the kitchen faucets and the ice maker. Is there any way to adapt the 3/4" PEX to PVC or CPVC so that I can install a filter and bypass line?
This is a very easy doable project. The best thing is to go to a good plumging supply house and tell them what you have and need to do. There are a number of ways to "skin the cat" so they can easily set you up with the proper fittings. It can be done with compression fittings or crimp fittings if you have a plumber friend who might let you borrow their crimper. If not, it is easily a doable project.
Need Help w/ 1-1/2" Drain to 4" Soil Line (Bathroom ...
cast iron to pvc
to curb or not
laundry outlet box
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes