The weld between the shaft and the ball had failed, the shaft twists without rotating the ball. The connection between the plastic knob and shaft is perfect so when the knob turned toward hot the ball remained in the cold poition. This is a Delta 212 shower faucet, 20 yrs. A Danco kit fixed it.
The bonnet has a right hand thread. It required a little reverse torque before it finally loosened. First attempts at loosening was enough to twist the three soft copper flow tubes that support the ball housing about 5 degrees but all is well, just a bit off center.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!