The weld between the shaft and the ball had failed, the shaft twists without rotating the ball. The connection between the plastic knob and shaft is perfect so when the knob turned toward hot the ball remained in the cold poition. This is a Delta 212 shower faucet, 20 yrs. A Danco kit fixed it.
The bonnet has a right hand thread. It required a little reverse torque before it finally loosened. First attempts at loosening was enough to twist the three soft copper flow tubes that support the ball housing about 5 degrees but all is well, just a bit off center.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!