I decided to replace my Moen shower faucet (the cheap plastic-handle kind my builder installed) with something a bit more fancy. I purchased a new Moen Eva faucet with the same screw configuration as the one I removed. I left the old posi-temp vale in-place as it is only 4 years old and I didn't want to turn this into a huge job.
The new handle installs fine, but the handle sticks out about a good inch or so from the wall-plate rather than mounting flush as it is supposed to according to the picture and manual. Frankly, it looks pretty goofy right now.
I looked at all the documentation and it looks like the valve is supposed to be recessed further back in the wall. I'm not ready to rip apart the bathroom wall and redo the plumbing (and I'm not sure if this is even feasible.
Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to recess the valve further back into the wall without ripping the wall open? Is there a shorter cartridge I can buy?
Thanks in advance!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes