I decided to replace my Moen shower faucet (the cheap plastic-handle kind my builder installed) with something a bit more fancy. I purchased a new Moen Eva faucet with the same screw configuration as the one I removed. I left the old posi-temp vale in-place as it is only 4 years old and I didn't want to turn this into a huge job.
The new handle installs fine, but the handle sticks out about a good inch or so from the wall-plate rather than mounting flush as it is supposed to according to the picture and manual. Frankly, it looks pretty goofy right now.
I looked at all the documentation and it looks like the valve is supposed to be recessed further back in the wall. I'm not ready to rip apart the bathroom wall and redo the plumbing (and I'm not sure if this is even feasible.
Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to recess the valve further back into the wall without ripping the wall open? Is there a shorter cartridge I can buy?
Thanks in advance!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs