We have a hand pump for our well, incase of loss of power. But the person used a tar substance to help seal the 5 inch whole they dug through the foundation wall, 2 inches up from the cement floor. Then used Hydraulic cement over it. It did not adhere, and is leaking ground water all around it and the seam between the the wall and the floor is leaking too. Should I try to dig out all the tar and then reapply the cement? It will be close to impossible. Or is there a way to get the cement to stick to the tar?!
When I install cast iron roof drains on a concrete slab and use flashing cement (cold applied bitumen TAR ) once the tar is applied it is virtually impossible to have cement stick to it UNLESS a roofer or water proofing contractor has a material I don't know about.
Thanks so much for responding to my post. But can you please recommend what I should do? Do I apply more TAR to area and blow off coating it with a layer of hydraulic cement? Its seems like you think I'm in a tuff spot,.... am I,? should I hire someone? and who?
Thanks :) Sharon
Thanks :) Sharon
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes