I have added a built in display cabinet into my living room. The living room has crown moulding in it. The Crown was installed 2 years ago and is in great condition. The span of the crown is 20 Feet long (1 piece)on the wall. The cabinet is built out 16 inches into the room and I would like to turn the wall crown moulding and continue it across the face of the new cabinet. However, I do not want to pull the 20 Ft Crown Moulding off the wall to make the miter cut. Is there a way to cut and cope the new crown which will go on the face of the cabinet to match up with the wall crown moulding? I have a Dewalt compound miter saw to make the cut and a coping saw if needed. The cabinet face is a 90 degree turn.
If you have a trim duplicator, you can get the profile of the trim and transpose it onto the new moulding, cope it off, butt it together, and fill in the gap with caulk. If you dont have a trim duplicator, you can cut off a small piece of the new trim and set it on the whole piece of new trim to get the trim profile. Takes some practice but not really that hard to do. God luck.
U.S.M.C. Semper Fi !!!
U.S.M.C. Semper Fi !!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes