I have an older house (1953) with a raised foundation and about 15 years ago had the drains under the house replaced with ABS.
Last year we had a clog in a line and the rooter service said they Hydro-jetted the line. Over a period of time we started having a foul smell and came to find out that the coupling between the ABS and the cast iron at ground level on the drain they had jetted had popped off.
We called the rooter people and they told us
2)Not their fault
3)Nothing to do with pressurizing the pipe
4)Even if it WAS due to the jetting, it's still not their fault.
I can't find any information on the internet about any negative effects or problems with hydro jetting, but it seems to me that if you pressurize or even snake lines that are 15 to 50 years old, a visual inspection or dropping a camera would be part of their responsibility -- to see that their actions didn't make something worse....
But nobody seems to agree with me. Why do I feel like I'm being told that pipe connectors spontaneously jump off and homeowners should expect to pay $5,000 hazmat recovery bills every few years?
Washing Machine Drain Problems
Is it possible that jettison of pipes may cause the ...
Island Vent - Drain
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects