I have an older house (1953) with a raised foundation and about 15 years ago had the drains under the house replaced with ABS.
Last year we had a clog in a line and the rooter service said they Hydro-jetted the line. Over a period of time we started having a foul smell and came to find out that the coupling between the ABS and the cast iron at ground level on the drain they had jetted had popped off.
We called the rooter people and they told us
2)Not their fault
3)Nothing to do with pressurizing the pipe
4)Even if it WAS due to the jetting, it's still not their fault.
I can't find any information on the internet about any negative effects or problems with hydro jetting, but it seems to me that if you pressurize or even snake lines that are 15 to 50 years old, a visual inspection or dropping a camera would be part of their responsibility -- to see that their actions didn't make something worse....
But nobody seems to agree with me. Why do I feel like I'm being told that pipe connectors spontaneously jump off and homeowners should expect to pay $5,000 hazmat recovery bills every few years?
Washing Machine Drain Problems
Is it possible that jettison of pipes may cause the ...
Island Vent - Drain
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY