I have an older house (1953) with a raised foundation and about 15 years ago had the drains under the house replaced with ABS.
Last year we had a clog in a line and the rooter service said they Hydro-jetted the line. Over a period of time we started having a foul smell and came to find out that the coupling between the ABS and the cast iron at ground level on the drain they had jetted had popped off.
We called the rooter people and they told us
2)Not their fault
3)Nothing to do with pressurizing the pipe
4)Even if it WAS due to the jetting, it's still not their fault.
I can't find any information on the internet about any negative effects or problems with hydro jetting, but it seems to me that if you pressurize or even snake lines that are 15 to 50 years old, a visual inspection or dropping a camera would be part of their responsibility -- to see that their actions didn't make something worse....
But nobody seems to agree with me. Why do I feel like I'm being told that pipe connectors spontaneously jump off and homeowners should expect to pay $5,000 hazmat recovery bills every few years?
Washing Machine Drain Problems
Is it possible that jettison of pipes may cause the ...
Island Vent - Drain
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps