I have an older house (1953) with a raised foundation and about 15 years ago had the drains under the house replaced with ABS.
Last year we had a clog in a line and the rooter service said they Hydro-jetted the line. Over a period of time we started having a foul smell and came to find out that the coupling between the ABS and the cast iron at ground level on the drain they had jetted had popped off.
We called the rooter people and they told us
2)Not their fault
3)Nothing to do with pressurizing the pipe
4)Even if it WAS due to the jetting, it's still not their fault.
I can't find any information on the internet about any negative effects or problems with hydro jetting, but it seems to me that if you pressurize or even snake lines that are 15 to 50 years old, a visual inspection or dropping a camera would be part of their responsibility -- to see that their actions didn't make something worse....
But nobody seems to agree with me. Why do I feel like I'm being told that pipe connectors spontaneously jump off and homeowners should expect to pay $5,000 hazmat recovery bills every few years?
Washing Machine Drain Problems
Is it possible that jettison of pipes may cause the ...
Island Vent - Drain
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs