I have an older house (1953) with a raised foundation and about 15 years ago had the drains under the house replaced with ABS.
Last year we had a clog in a line and the rooter service said they Hydro-jetted the line. Over a period of time we started having a foul smell and came to find out that the coupling between the ABS and the cast iron at ground level on the drain they had jetted had popped off.
We called the rooter people and they told us
2)Not their fault
3)Nothing to do with pressurizing the pipe
4)Even if it WAS due to the jetting, it's still not their fault.
I can't find any information on the internet about any negative effects or problems with hydro jetting, but it seems to me that if you pressurize or even snake lines that are 15 to 50 years old, a visual inspection or dropping a camera would be part of their responsibility -- to see that their actions didn't make something worse....
But nobody seems to agree with me. Why do I feel like I'm being told that pipe connectors spontaneously jump off and homeowners should expect to pay $5,000 hazmat recovery bills every few years?
Washing Machine Drain Problems
Is it possible that jettison of pipes may cause the ...
Island Vent - Drain
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!