Hi, we have a double sink with garbage disposal on the left. I ran the disposal and water started shooting from the right side. I tried several times and same thing. I used liquid plumber, no help. still clogged. I used baking soda and vinegar, usually good. Nada..I plunged and opened the elbow below. drained out and reattached pipes,ran water, seemed to go down. Then, ran garbage disposal and water started shooting up, again. I unhooked the garbage disposal(yes I shut of electric),looked inside and couldn't see anything wrong. I reattached disposal and still messed up. I checked the smaller pipes to see for cloggs but I haven't snaked the main pipe. We are pretty careful not to put stuff on the wrong side of the sink. Help! I have company coming andneed my sink!
jand p mcewen
Have you considered calling a licensed professional and please be considerate enough to warm them you used chemicals as many are caustic and cause severe burns and blindness.
hi, we have drained out any caustic chemicals and my husband did manage to get the disposal put back on. we are going to snake it first. if that doesn't work, well, we may not have a choice. Our funds are tight right now so that's why we are doing it ourselves. You are right about the fumes as it bothered me when we drained it out.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING