Hi, we have a double sink with garbage disposal on the left. I ran the disposal and water started shooting from the right side. I tried several times and same thing. I used liquid plumber, no help. still clogged. I used baking soda and vinegar, usually good. Nada..I plunged and opened the elbow below. drained out and reattached pipes,ran water, seemed to go down. Then, ran garbage disposal and water started shooting up, again. I unhooked the garbage disposal(yes I shut of electric),looked inside and couldn't see anything wrong. I reattached disposal and still messed up. I checked the smaller pipes to see for cloggs but I haven't snaked the main pipe. We are pretty careful not to put stuff on the wrong side of the sink. Help! I have company coming andneed my sink!
jand p mcewen
Have you considered calling a licensed professional and please be considerate enough to warm them you used chemicals as many are caustic and cause severe burns and blindness.
hi, we have drained out any caustic chemicals and my husband did manage to get the disposal put back on. we are going to snake it first. if that doesn't work, well, we may not have a choice. Our funds are tight right now so that's why we are doing it ourselves. You are right about the fumes as it bothered me when we drained it out.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight