Hi, we have a double sink with garbage disposal on the left. I ran the disposal and water started shooting from the right side. I tried several times and same thing. I used liquid plumber, no help. still clogged. I used baking soda and vinegar, usually good. Nada..I plunged and opened the elbow below. drained out and reattached pipes,ran water, seemed to go down. Then, ran garbage disposal and water started shooting up, again. I unhooked the garbage disposal(yes I shut of electric),looked inside and couldn't see anything wrong. I reattached disposal and still messed up. I checked the smaller pipes to see for cloggs but I haven't snaked the main pipe. We are pretty careful not to put stuff on the wrong side of the sink. Help! I have company coming andneed my sink!
jand p mcewen
Have you considered calling a licensed professional and please be considerate enough to warm them you used chemicals as many are caustic and cause severe burns and blindness.
hi, we have drained out any caustic chemicals and my husband did manage to get the disposal put back on. we are going to snake it first. if that doesn't work, well, we may not have a choice. Our funds are tight right now so that's why we are doing it ourselves. You are right about the fumes as it bothered me when we drained it out.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes