Hi, we have a double sink with garbage disposal on the left. I ran the disposal and water started shooting from the right side. I tried several times and same thing. I used liquid plumber, no help. still clogged. I used baking soda and vinegar, usually good. Nada..I plunged and opened the elbow below. drained out and reattached pipes,ran water, seemed to go down. Then, ran garbage disposal and water started shooting up, again. I unhooked the garbage disposal(yes I shut of electric),looked inside and couldn't see anything wrong. I reattached disposal and still messed up. I checked the smaller pipes to see for cloggs but I haven't snaked the main pipe. We are pretty careful not to put stuff on the wrong side of the sink. Help! I have company coming andneed my sink!
jand p mcewen
Have you considered calling a licensed professional and please be considerate enough to warm them you used chemicals as many are caustic and cause severe burns and blindness.
hi, we have drained out any caustic chemicals and my husband did manage to get the disposal put back on. we are going to snake it first. if that doesn't work, well, we may not have a choice. Our funds are tight right now so that's why we are doing it ourselves. You are right about the fumes as it bothered me when we drained it out.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love