I have a shallow well with a 1/2 hp jet pump. I recently replaced it because of no pressure and water in the lines. Now I have good pressure but seem liek air in the lines. Here is what is happening:
During a shower especially we have decent pressure, the nthe pump kicks on and we have GREAT pressure, but it sputters out and you can hear the pipes making noise like there is air in them or something (banging noise?). I have checked for any leaks and cant find any! I re-taped all my joints just to be sure (pump, tank, etc). I have no idea what to do with this now.... its only when the pump kicks on, the water surges and slows and makes a lot of noise...It NEVER does it when the pump is off, but the second the pump kicks on it starts acting up again.
ANY help is appreciated!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!