I have a shallow well with a 1/2 hp jet pump. I recently replaced it because of no pressure and water in the lines. Now I have good pressure but seem liek air in the lines. Here is what is happening:
During a shower especially we have decent pressure, the nthe pump kicks on and we have GREAT pressure, but it sputters out and you can hear the pipes making noise like there is air in them or something (banging noise?). I have checked for any leaks and cant find any! I re-taped all my joints just to be sure (pump, tank, etc). I have no idea what to do with this now.... its only when the pump kicks on, the water surges and slows and makes a lot of noise...It NEVER does it when the pump is off, but the second the pump kicks on it starts acting up again.
ANY help is appreciated!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight