I have a stand up shower enclosure in my master bathroom that is tiled. I'm looking to renovate the entire bathroom. The stall is not leaking and is working well. I just want to modernize the tiling, vanity, faucets etc. I have never encountered a stand up tiled shower beofre and I'm kind of lost on what to do. Can I simply just take the old tile off and re-tile it? Should I replace the whole thing (remove the concrete, flor pan etc)?
I believe that there is concrete under the floor. It is slopped and water runs down the drain correctly. I planned on taking the old wall tile off and replacing it with new concrete board for water protection and tehn re-tiling.
Any help, tips etc would be greatly appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!