I have a stand up shower enclosure in my master bathroom that is tiled. I'm looking to renovate the entire bathroom. The stall is not leaking and is working well. I just want to modernize the tiling, vanity, faucets etc. I have never encountered a stand up tiled shower beofre and I'm kind of lost on what to do. Can I simply just take the old tile off and re-tile it? Should I replace the whole thing (remove the concrete, flor pan etc)?
I believe that there is concrete under the floor. It is slopped and water runs down the drain correctly. I planned on taking the old wall tile off and replacing it with new concrete board for water protection and tehn re-tiling.
Any help, tips etc would be greatly appreciated.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING