I have a stand up shower enclosure in my master bathroom that is tiled. I'm looking to renovate the entire bathroom. The stall is not leaking and is working well. I just want to modernize the tiling, vanity, faucets etc. I have never encountered a stand up tiled shower beofre and I'm kind of lost on what to do. Can I simply just take the old tile off and re-tile it? Should I replace the whole thing (remove the concrete, flor pan etc)?
I believe that there is concrete under the floor. It is slopped and water runs down the drain correctly. I planned on taking the old wall tile off and replacing it with new concrete board for water protection and tehn re-tiling.
Any help, tips etc would be greatly appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight