We have been in this house for about 5 years. We replaced the toilet a little over a year ago when re-doing the bathroom. No problems until the past two or so weeks... we are now getting rusty looking rings around the bowl of the toilet. We can clean them somewhat easily, but in the next two to three days it forms again. I've tried using tank drop-in tablets but it doesn't keep them from forming.
My wife's boss told her it could be a sign of the main water line to the house being almost completely rusted through and possibly about the break. not sure if this could be correct, but I guess it could make sense. Wanted to see if there was anything obvious I could check?
Help-toilet bowl water level drops when we're away
Toilet Bowl - Flushing Issues
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!