Odd thing happened today. Went to flush the tank and it would not fill.
The tank hardware is ok.
But, not getting water from the knob below the tank, but when I turn it all the way out water sprays out of the knob. Must be a bad stem?
Dare I risk taking out the stem on a valve in a 20 year old house or will I make something leak inside the wall?
Lots of corrosion to the fittings.
Also, sink faucet blasts water now as does tub faucet. Never did that before.
Is the stem bad on valve coming out of the wall under the tank?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 11 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home