For the past few months, we have had rumbling pipes in our 1983 built townhome. It sounds like a haunted house. This occurs no matter where we use water in the house. (kitchen sink, bathroom toilet, shower, etc...)
What have we done so far?
We've had a friendly neighbor who knows plumbing quite well add in an air release pipe at the highest point in the house to allow any trapped air to cushion there. It stopped for a few hours, but then it returned almost worse than before.
We tried to trace where in the basement the sounds are occuring, but it changes everytime it rumbles.
We turned and turned back every valve we can find.
On the good side, the house has not collapsed, exploded, or flooded so I don't think it's an emergency, but it's annoying and worrisome.
Thanks in advance for any help!
loud moaning rumbling vibration somewhere in water p...
vent pipe noise
Noise after flushing toilet
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Furniture Makeovers: 10 Total DIY Do-Overs
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them