I've been in the house for one year, it is 7 years old. The house has a septic and I know it has never been pumped. All has been well until the last two times it has rained. I am getting a terrible odor from the master bathroom toilet (which is closed to the septic tank) and the basement area near the septic tank.
Could the problem be a septic that needs to be emptied? We've noticed no slow flushing so far.
Are there other issues that might be causing this problem? HELP, please this is my first experience with a septic system. There are only two of us in this 3 bedroom house but I know there was a lot of action in this house over the years before we lived here.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers