I've been in the house for one year, it is 7 years old. The house has a septic and I know it has never been pumped. All has been well until the last two times it has rained. I am getting a terrible odor from the master bathroom toilet (which is closed to the septic tank) and the basement area near the septic tank.
Could the problem be a septic that needs to be emptied? We've noticed no slow flushing so far.
Are there other issues that might be causing this problem? HELP, please this is my first experience with a septic system. There are only two of us in this 3 bedroom house but I know there was a lot of action in this house over the years before we lived here.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING