I've been in the house for one year, it is 7 years old. The house has a septic and I know it has never been pumped. All has been well until the last two times it has rained. I am getting a terrible odor from the master bathroom toilet (which is closed to the septic tank) and the basement area near the septic tank.
Could the problem be a septic that needs to be emptied? We've noticed no slow flushing so far.
Are there other issues that might be causing this problem? HELP, please this is my first experience with a septic system. There are only two of us in this 3 bedroom house but I know there was a lot of action in this house over the years before we lived here.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!