A tenant has left me with a nasty cleaning job. I know I can use pumice, but it will scratch the colored finish and quite frankly I'm not sure if pumice is strong enough. I just ordered something called Rooto Corporation Industrial Toilet Bowl Cleaner. If it doesn't do the trick, does anyone know of anything else? I've already tried everything I could find in my hardware store.
The reason I don't automatically replace the toilet is because of the cost of labor and also the toilet is an unusual color that matches the sink and tub. I'd probably have to replace everything to get them to match.
Also, how do I fill the toilet bowl with water in order to soak the grime off? I never thought about this before, but it appears the toilet keeps the bowl water at a certain level.
Foundation Footers and Wall-New Construction
Putting Aquarium in circa 1899 apt
installing pedestal sink
gaps and holes in the wood floor - how can i fix it?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!