Hoping to get some guidance.
I just re-connected my basement heat zone (#3). When circulating water, the flow/check valve, a Watts Model 2000S, rattles. The sound stops if I turn the thumb screw counter clockwise a half turn or so. But I'm pretty sure that is not the solution.
Can you advise me what the problem might be? Should I rebuilt it? Could there be air in the system? I bled the system, but it is interesting to me because the heating elements (baseboards) are at ground level, and thus the lowest point in the system. There is a release valve on the intake side at the highest point, but I could see how air could get trapped at the check valve.
Any help is appreciated.
Hydronic Heat, Indirect Water Heater, No Hot Water, ...
air in pipes
antifreeze in hydronic heat system
Check Valve making loud noise
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 9 New & Familiar Ways to Add Moldings
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- 11 Kitchens That Defy Their Small Size