I have a beautiful antique bed headboard and blanket roll footboard. They are the old 3/4 size (50"). There are no siderails, but both head and footboard are drilled for ropes as well as rectangular cut outs where some sort of wooden side rails could be inserted.
I'd love to put rope in the bed for authenticity's sake (looks, at least, if not functionality!)
Any suggestions on how I can adapt this old beauty for a double spring/mattress set(also 50")?
Fire Blocking in Stud Bays
Bed Elevator / Riser / Lifter for a dorm bed
Broke Med Student Needs Help Building a Platform Bed!!
Ornate Antique Cast Iron Radiators
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight