I have a beautiful antique bed headboard and blanket roll footboard. They are the old 3/4 size (50"). There are no siderails, but both head and footboard are drilled for ropes as well as rectangular cut outs where some sort of wooden side rails could be inserted.
I'd love to put rope in the bed for authenticity's sake (looks, at least, if not functionality!)
Any suggestions on how I can adapt this old beauty for a double spring/mattress set(also 50")?
Fire Blocking in Stud Bays
Bed Elevator / Riser / Lifter for a dorm bed
Broke Med Student Needs Help Building a Platform Bed!!
Ornate Antique Cast Iron Radiators
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!