Missing Water Shutoff / Install new shutoff behind soft water loop?
We live in a subdivision where we are on a master meter controlled by the HOA. each house should have an individual shutoff valve but we discovered that our home does not have a shutoff valve. Our water heater started leaking and while trying to replace the water heater we notice that we could not shut off the water. So we called the water company and they where not able to find out main shutoff valve and refused to turn off the master meter even for 20 minutes. Well the water will be off in the entire subdivsion tomorrow and I want to install a shutoff valve. We have a soft water loop in the garage and I was wondering if I could install a shutoff valve at the soft water loop to fix my problem? I'm assuming that if we install a shutoff valve at the soft water loop that we would shut off water to the house? Any ideas?
What is a soft water loop?
Water softener, water filter
adding a hot water loop to existing steam system?
Installing Cedar Siding Shingles - Couple Questions
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects