For starters my home is about a year old. The other day I added a thermal expansion tank because the pressure relief valve popped off causing water to drain from the hot water tank. i followed the instructions:
1. Checked the themal expansions tank pressue to insure it was 40 pounds.
2. Install the thermal tank
3. Drain the hot water tank so water was below the pressure relief valve. Open the pressure relief valve.
Next I opened all of the facwetts (inside and out) and flused the commodes. Then I opened the main water. After the water started to flow, I shut the the vales off staring at the lowest point.
I left a hot water facett drip until the hot water tank quit heating.
I no longer have a promlem with the pressure. it stays around 58 pounds.
BUT NOW I GET A SINGING NOISE A FEW SECONDS AFTER A FACWETT IS SHUT OFF OR COMMODE SHUTS OFF.
The noise appears to come from the main shut off area, but, I cannot be sure.
Any suggestions on how to identify the problem area or possible solutions.
Insulating Hot Water Pipes
Hot water out of the cold side???
Shower Issue, pipes knock when diverter turned to sh...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!