For starters my home is about a year old. The other day I added a thermal expansion tank because the pressure relief valve popped off causing water to drain from the hot water tank. i followed the instructions:
1. Checked the themal expansions tank pressue to insure it was 40 pounds.
2. Install the thermal tank
3. Drain the hot water tank so water was below the pressure relief valve. Open the pressure relief valve.
Next I opened all of the facwetts (inside and out) and flused the commodes. Then I opened the main water. After the water started to flow, I shut the the vales off staring at the lowest point.
I left a hot water facett drip until the hot water tank quit heating.
I no longer have a promlem with the pressure. it stays around 58 pounds.
BUT NOW I GET A SINGING NOISE A FEW SECONDS AFTER A FACWETT IS SHUT OFF OR COMMODE SHUTS OFF.
The noise appears to come from the main shut off area, but, I cannot be sure.
Any suggestions on how to identify the problem area or possible solutions.
Insulating Hot Water Pipes
Hot water out of the cold side???
Shower Issue, pipes knock when diverter turned to sh...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects