Had an acrylic shower base (single threshold) installed by a plumbing company. Come to find out the base is not level and when the shower is on the water pools to the back of the shower, it eventually drains but its takes aboout 12-hours to be water free in the base.
When it was installed I asked the plumber about using thin-set mortar to set the base in for additional support etc.. He recommended using sand and not to use the mortar. So I went with his professional opinion.
I called them about water pooling to the back of the wall and they said the floor wasn't level and that even if they used the mortar bed to set the base in it, it still wouldn't make the shower base level. They said I need a carpenter to come in to fix the floor in order to make the shower base level.
I am not a professional installer of shower bases but based on what I have read setting it in a thin-set mortar base will make it firm and when you push it down in the mortar base that's when you level it?
Trying to get a correct answer on this as I think they took a short cut with the sand recommendation. No shims were used either.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes