We have an Aqua Glass Bathtub, with wall surround, that was installed about 20 years ago. When it is used for showering it does not leak. When the tub is used, water leaks around the drain into the garage below. We have had the drain gasket/seal ring replaced twice but it still leaks. My theory is that when a person is sitting with weight centered at the back of the tub, the floor of the tub lifts away from the drain seal. Is this the problem? Anyone have suggestions on how to fix it? The leaking is causing deterioration of the drywall in the garage. Thank goodness this isn't happening with the tub above the kitchen!
Thanks in advance for any help!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight