We need help! We've read all the blogs on blocked vents and dried p-traps but these do not seem to be our issue. Our daughter's bathroom recently had a sewer smell and a gurgle in the tub every time the toilet was flushed. We got on the roof and fished a line down the vent pipe to unclog any blockage. We have not had any smells or gurgling since. We also have a sewer smell in our master bathroom that does not have any gurgle noise with it. The smell is only noticable when we take a shower or run water and it is strongest in the shower. It does sometimes come from the sinks. The house is only three years old and the sinks in the master bath were even just upgraded. We're on county sewer and we've tried bleach and Draino and nothing works. The p-traps all have water and the pipes are clean. We're out of ideas and the sewer smell continues to get worse. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Have you found a solution to your stinky shower? We are having what sounds like the same problem in Northwest Arkansas. Only our house is about 30 years old. I checked vents and they seem fine, no obvious blockage. The smell is only present when the shower in the Master Bath is running.
Call a Licensed Master plumber and ask them to do an oil of pepperment test or a smoke test as this sounds like a defective vent pipe possibly inside the wall
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes