We need help! We've read all the blogs on blocked vents and dried p-traps but these do not seem to be our issue. Our daughter's bathroom recently had a sewer smell and a gurgle in the tub every time the toilet was flushed. We got on the roof and fished a line down the vent pipe to unclog any blockage. We have not had any smells or gurgling since. We also have a sewer smell in our master bathroom that does not have any gurgle noise with it. The smell is only noticable when we take a shower or run water and it is strongest in the shower. It does sometimes come from the sinks. The house is only three years old and the sinks in the master bath were even just upgraded. We're on county sewer and we've tried bleach and Draino and nothing works. The p-traps all have water and the pipes are clean. We're out of ideas and the sewer smell continues to get worse. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Have you found a solution to your stinky shower? We are having what sounds like the same problem in Northwest Arkansas. Only our house is about 30 years old. I checked vents and they seem fine, no obvious blockage. The smell is only present when the shower in the Master Bath is running.
Call a Licensed Master plumber and ask them to do an oil of pepperment test or a smoke test as this sounds like a defective vent pipe possibly inside the wall
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!