We live in Florida and are wondering what kind of material to use for our outside lanai (deck) ceiling. It is very humid here, plus we draw in a lot of additional humidity from the outside pool that is next to the lanai. The lanai is enclosed, very little air circulation.
Every year we end up painting it. We've seen what looks like bead board on ceilings of some coastal homes in FL and GA. We don't know what the material is though. The standard bead board we find at ***** and ********** is not for outdoor use.
We're also wondering what's the best material to use for the 3 posts that support the roof of the lanai. We've found cedar and pine but don't know which would be best.
Thanks for any ideas.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love