We live in Florida and are wondering what kind of material to use for our outside lanai (deck) ceiling. It is very humid here, plus we draw in a lot of additional humidity from the outside pool that is next to the lanai. The lanai is enclosed, very little air circulation.
Every year we end up painting it. We've seen what looks like bead board on ceilings of some coastal homes in FL and GA. We don't know what the material is though. The standard bead board we find at ***** and ********** is not for outdoor use.
We're also wondering what's the best material to use for the 3 posts that support the roof of the lanai. We've found cedar and pine but don't know which would be best.
Thanks for any ideas.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!