We live in Florida and are wondering what kind of material to use for our outside lanai (deck) ceiling. It is very humid here, plus we draw in a lot of additional humidity from the outside pool that is next to the lanai. The lanai is enclosed, very little air circulation.
Every year we end up painting it. We've seen what looks like bead board on ceilings of some coastal homes in FL and GA. We don't know what the material is though. The standard bead board we find at ***** and ********** is not for outdoor use.
We're also wondering what's the best material to use for the 3 posts that support the roof of the lanai. We've found cedar and pine but don't know which would be best.
Thanks for any ideas.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects