We live in Florida and are wondering what kind of material to use for our outside lanai (deck) ceiling. It is very humid here, plus we draw in a lot of additional humidity from the outside pool that is next to the lanai. The lanai is enclosed, very little air circulation.
Every year we end up painting it. We've seen what looks like bead board on ceilings of some coastal homes in FL and GA. We don't know what the material is though. The standard bead board we find at ***** and ********** is not for outdoor use.
We're also wondering what's the best material to use for the 3 posts that support the roof of the lanai. We've found cedar and pine but don't know which would be best.
Thanks for any ideas.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips