How do I reinforce a bathroom floor in a mobile home?
isnt the flooring just a plywood? i mean if you rip it up, wont the gound be there, i guess i dont know anything about the flooring in one. could you just brace up the existing flooring?
I have a 1973 Mobile home, the master bathroom floor was soft, the floors were not made with plywood in those days, at least not plywood like we have today. It is almost like card board, LOL. First I and a friend got a jack, jacked up the floor to where it was level then but cinder blocks under it. on the inside I put down wonder board, that is what should be in a bathroom floor, then what ever flooring you are going to put down I chose tile. For the rest of the home I put plywood over the top the the already existing floor, and relaid my carpet.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects