I want to build a shower pan using Hardibacker board and Redgaurd.
I will simply be using Redgaurd as the liner under the the Hardi Backer, which will be screwed down to the plywood, using the mastic as a base to create the 1/4" slope, then painting the top of the Hardiback with Redgaurd. I am also planing on using 2 layers of hardiback as the substrate for the Tile.
I will coat the hardiback with Redgaurd then tile directly over that using mastic and tile. Is this a sufficient and safe way to build a shower base?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips