I have never posted to this site before, but would appreciate any help people would be willing to offer.
Below is an email I sent out regarding a job taking place in my new apartment.
here it is:
Last month I moved into a two-story greystone in Chicago, and I imagine the
building is at least 50 years old. My landlord decided to remove the forced
heat radiators and install central. As you may know this involves taking out
all of the radiators and mainly doing a lot of cutting away of the floors.
What I am concerned about is when they went into my closet, the cut a whole
leading from the basement, through my closet and into the apartment upstairs,
leaving a lot of black dust behind. I am wondering if when they cut through
the floor dividing the two floors, they irritated possible asbestos.
I know nothing of home maintenence and would probably believe most of what the
guys who are doing this would tell me. By the way, the guys who are doing this
don't seem to be the most professional of the lot, as no tarps or protection of
any sort was provided. Today, I asked one of the men if there was asbestos in
the building and he said probably, but from what he could tell he didn't see
any since they have been working. He said, "trust me, I would know." While I
don't doubt that, is he understating the problem, if there is one?
Thank you for reading this far. Any suggestions regarding this would be greatly
appreciated, especially regarding best way to clean the dust up and reduce
particles in the air.
Thank you very much.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY