Does anyone know if this is code?
I moved into a single family house in Massachusetts and have an automatic fire sprinkler system that is about 10 years old. The pipes are cast iron and run up to the attic, then spread out across the tops of the ceiling joists & feed down to the living area ceiling sprinkler heads below.
The pipes are not insulated and the attic is not heated, so I'm concerned about them freezing in the winter.
Is standing water in pipes from downspout to curb okay?
What's the order of the wall sandwich?
Cabin In Woods
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Fun Planters to Make with Everyday Objects
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda