Hi. I'm a new homeowner and our basement was partially finished. When we moved in last year there was/is what I believe is black mastic adhesive on the finished side of basement floor. I have been reading on how to remove it and was leaning to the success of some soy based products. But the more I've read the more concerned I've become about the potential of asbestos. I've removed a few squares using good-gone which works quite well. But I've also experimented with some product and admitedly have scraped the floor. I know that is the concenrn with asbestos. The house was built in 1960 but I don't know when the tile was laid and later removed. How long did was asbestos used in this type of adhesive. Is there an asbestos test that can be performed on this stuff. Is it wise to even consider turnign the basement into a living area? Input is greatly appreciated as my panic level is up right now.