My parents are having a modular home installed in SW Florida. They are not happy that the marriage walls and floors have a 3/4" to 1.5" space between them. The installation and manufacturers claim this is the way it is!! "They do 1000's each year this way" They say they will fill the gap with spray foam and drywall filler. My parents find this unnacceptable as they are having wood floors installed and are fearfull of mold and buckling floors. The home is a DCA approved Florida modular home and according to what i have researched are built to the same "codes" as stick built homes! Does anyone know anything about this?? How about where it talks about it in Florida "building codes"?? So far the state has somewhat stepped in and said it is also not acceptable, however the county will not get involved?
Thanks for any advice.
Superior pre fab foundation on slab, do I need a fro...
weight bearing wall question
Modular Home Marriage Wall Supports HELP!
Limitations of Expanding Modular Homes
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes