I'm considering building my first home. I've toured several Modular facilities in my area and have narrowed it down to one or possibly two construction companies.
I like the short time from design to move-in. I also like the fact that they are built in an environment controlled facility. Especially when I have a desired move-in date of late March or early April.
But then I started reading about SIPs and they make a lot of sense to me for energy efficiency and flexibility.
So can anyone give me a solid reason to choose one over the other?
Is there a reason it seems no modular companies use SIPs construction?
Thanks for an knowledgable input you can offer.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love