I'm considering building my first home. I've toured several Modular facilities in my area and have narrowed it down to one or possibly two construction companies.
I like the short time from design to move-in. I also like the fact that they are built in an environment controlled facility. Especially when I have a desired move-in date of late March or early April.
But then I started reading about SIPs and they make a lot of sense to me for energy efficiency and flexibility.
So can anyone give me a solid reason to choose one over the other?
Is there a reason it seems no modular companies use SIPs construction?
Thanks for an knowledgable input you can offer.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!