I wanted to know if there are any disadvantages in modular homes as compared to stick & frame built homes. I mainly wanted to know things that can be inherent in the modular design that may be a drawback. Thanks.
You need only to look at jud.ct.gov site and put in Probuilt Homes. This is a prominent modular company. Look at memorandum of decisions. Large lawsuit. Had to replace the siding and roof. Rake boards had sections missing. Inferior materials throughout a 2000 ft colonial. Over $50,000 in repairs. More for lawyer fees. The list goes on. I won, for $80,0000. Probuilt had two big-shot lawyers. Please don't go modular. You have to pay them in full as soon as the home is delivered and you have no recourse except through a lawyer. Even with a favorable judgment these creeps never paid me a dime. Too many pictures to post but this is one of humps on the roof. I also had dips.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!