In my opinion Clayton homes has issues in regard to the following.
1. Dealers: Nelson Homes caused me great amount of undue grief trying when
We tried to get what we paid for or get
Any defects fixed.
These issues ranged from No insulation in the attic ceiling, faulty wiring, doors hung incorrectly, and just about everything in-between.
The dealer would blame the mfg. (Clayton) Clayton would blame the dealer.
No one would address the issue professionally.
We erected the home and moved in within 2 months of receipt.
A full year later, we still have punch list items that Clayton or Nelson homes have failed to correct a year later.
If this is how these companies want to establish a reputation.
I would note recommend either to my worst enemy.
2. refered General Contractors.
Gino's Homes erected the Modular as a sub to the Owner G.C.
Gino did not follow the plans and install the foundations correctly.
His work in general is substandard
in all regards.
Gino abandon this project on many occasion and in my opinion should have his licence revoked.
Run from this guy, simply the worst of the worst in Va.
As the Owner, I have one year to file a legal suit.
Nothing short of this seems to get any
attention, so before 2007 years end.
All of the above will be served papers.
I am so sorry to hear that you had such trouble with your home. We had a good experience using North American Housing and a licensed builder. We are also in VA and our builder made it very clear that the warranty of the home was through him and he would make sure any problems were taken care of. We did have a minor plumbing issue after our home was finished but we contacted our builder and North American's service department came out quickly to fix it.
*Wanted* Metal Kitchen cabinets
residential concrete pad for parking
Wife and i arguing about the .5 of a 1.5 Cape Cod?????
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects