In my opinion Clayton homes has issues in regard to the following.
1. Dealers: Nelson Homes caused me great amount of undue grief trying when
We tried to get what we paid for or get
Any defects fixed.
These issues ranged from No insulation in the attic ceiling, faulty wiring, doors hung incorrectly, and just about everything in-between.
The dealer would blame the mfg. (Clayton) Clayton would blame the dealer.
No one would address the issue professionally.
We erected the home and moved in within 2 months of receipt.
A full year later, we still have punch list items that Clayton or Nelson homes have failed to correct a year later.
If this is how these companies want to establish a reputation.
I would note recommend either to my worst enemy.
2. refered General Contractors.
Gino's Homes erected the Modular as a sub to the Owner G.C.
Gino did not follow the plans and install the foundations correctly.
His work in general is substandard
in all regards.
Gino abandon this project on many occasion and in my opinion should have his licence revoked.
Run from this guy, simply the worst of the worst in Va.
As the Owner, I have one year to file a legal suit.
Nothing short of this seems to get any
attention, so before 2007 years end.
All of the above will be served papers.
I am so sorry to hear that you had such trouble with your home. We had a good experience using North American Housing and a licensed builder. We are also in VA and our builder made it very clear that the warranty of the home was through him and he would make sure any problems were taken care of. We did have a minor plumbing issue after our home was finished but we contacted our builder and North American's service department came out quickly to fix it.
*Wanted* Metal Kitchen cabinets
residential concrete pad for parking
Wife and i arguing about the .5 of a 1.5 Cape Cod?????
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps