In my opinion Clayton homes has issues in regard to the following.
1. Dealers: Nelson Homes caused me great amount of undue grief trying when
We tried to get what we paid for or get
Any defects fixed.
These issues ranged from No insulation in the attic ceiling, faulty wiring, doors hung incorrectly, and just about everything in-between.
The dealer would blame the mfg. (Clayton) Clayton would blame the dealer.
No one would address the issue professionally.
We erected the home and moved in within 2 months of receipt.
A full year later, we still have punch list items that Clayton or Nelson homes have failed to correct a year later.
If this is how these companies want to establish a reputation.
I would note recommend either to my worst enemy.
2. refered General Contractors.
Gino's Homes erected the Modular as a sub to the Owner G.C.
Gino did not follow the plans and install the foundations correctly.
His work in general is substandard
in all regards.
Gino abandon this project on many occasion and in my opinion should have his licence revoked.
Run from this guy, simply the worst of the worst in Va.
As the Owner, I have one year to file a legal suit.
Nothing short of this seems to get any
attention, so before 2007 years end.
All of the above will be served papers.
I am so sorry to hear that you had such trouble with your home. We had a good experience using North American Housing and a licensed builder. We are also in VA and our builder made it very clear that the warranty of the home was through him and he would make sure any problems were taken care of. We did have a minor plumbing issue after our home was finished but we contacted our builder and North American's service department came out quickly to fix it.
*Wanted* Metal Kitchen cabinets
residential concrete pad for parking
Wife and i arguing about the .5 of a 1.5 Cape Cod?????
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!