Converting a enclosed screen porch into a sunroom.
I live in South Florida and I have an enclosed screened porch (700sq ft) under an insulated roof (6in). I would like to convert it to a sunroom. I need to know what is the best way to accomplish this; also what is the best window product to use? I need a product that will be able to stand up to wind and will do well in the heat. It is wooded lot so there is no direct sunlight. I also need the finished product to look like it is part of the house and not just an addition that was tacked on. I am looking for the most bang for my buck. I don't want to spend $80,000.00 for a room when I can accomplish the same thing for much less. Are acrylic windows as good as insulated glass? Are there better cost reasonable choices?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!