Converting a enclosed screen porch into a sunroom.
I live in South Florida and I have an enclosed screened porch (700sq ft) under an insulated roof (6in). I would like to convert it to a sunroom. I need to know what is the best way to accomplish this; also what is the best window product to use? I need a product that will be able to stand up to wind and will do well in the heat. It is wooded lot so there is no direct sunlight. I also need the finished product to look like it is part of the house and not just an addition that was tacked on. I am looking for the most bang for my buck. I don't want to spend $80,000.00 for a room when I can accomplish the same thing for much less. Are acrylic windows as good as insulated glass? Are there better cost reasonable choices?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!