Converting a enclosed screen porch into a sunroom.
I live in South Florida and I have an enclosed screened porch (700sq ft) under an insulated roof (6in). I would like to convert it to a sunroom. I need to know what is the best way to accomplish this; also what is the best window product to use? I need a product that will be able to stand up to wind and will do well in the heat. It is wooded lot so there is no direct sunlight. I also need the finished product to look like it is part of the house and not just an addition that was tacked on. I am looking for the most bang for my buck. I don't want to spend $80,000.00 for a room when I can accomplish the same thing for much less. Are acrylic windows as good as insulated glass? Are there better cost reasonable choices?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight