We recently had a deck installed by a contractor recommended on the Trex.Com Website. The contractor was listed as a Trex Pro Gold Contractor.
Now 6 months later all of the TREX Decking is WARPED.
We sent in a claim to TREX under their so called warrantee system - however their response was that since the deck was improperly installed it would not be covered under the warranty ???
Hence The TREX Corporation are not going to honour their warranty or provide any sort of assistance.
Should I or can I sue Trex ? After all we only had the particular contractor do the work because he was recommended by the TREX Corporation.
Never Buy Trex Decking - The Company does not Stand behind it's product or use ethical contractors.
I had my deck installed 8/06 and immediately black spots appeared. We called Trex and they said they would send a contractor to clean the deck but we should wait until Spring and give the deck a chance to mature. Sometimes the spots disappear. They made us take pictures. Finally, after months of calling for a contractor, they sent someone to clean this past Saturday. Well guess what, spots still there. What is the status of your situation. Jim McCann
Trex deck mold problem
What type of paint should I use on a deck?
HELP... Pressure Treated wood deck w/ semi transpare...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes