Welcome to my blog. This is my 1st flip. Hopefully it's not my last! My goal is to keep you up to date on my progress.
Today is actually the morning of day 6 as a flipper. Has anyone told Webster to redefine that term? My muscles are killing me. I'm tired. My "home" crew is currently sleeping. I've learned real fast that if I want a minute to think, I better be out of bed before them.
It's Saturday. A big day to get a lot done ... right? WRONG! The contractor to install my doors forgot about his son's soccer game till last night. Yeah right I'm gonna tell him he has to do my doors and ignore the child. Donald Trump I'm not. He's not fired!
The concrete contractor apparently made a miscalculation on the rear step. I wanted one step. Just one. You know... divide the difference between the patio and the front door. That's where the step goes. It looked a little off to me when he set up the form but I figured... He's not going to the top of the form. It's be fine. He's a paid professional. This will be ok. NOT! The step out the door is about 5" a little short but ok... but the next step...10 inches you land in China if your not careful. Today we get to talk about how he is going to fix that step. I expect to be buying more concrete, paying him again and waiting another day before he can start on my other work. (You know what I'm mutterin'!)
Crap..."home" crew is waking up... gotta run before they get ahead of me. Who knows what the day will bring. Talk to you tonight. I hope!!
I flippin (hopefully not flippin out!)
I Flip (I Hope!)
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!