I have just moved a wall on a storage shed out 6 feet to frame in an exterior attached patio. The size of the storage shed is now 16 x 16. The roof is supported by the outside walls and use 2x4 trusses which span 16' on 24" centers. What size beam will I need, if any, to replace the old wall (the one that was moved out 6 feet) in order to support some small storage in the attic?
Code requirements for attic storage?
Another Attic Storage Question, But Perhaps a Soluti...
Cutting through purlin for skylight shaft
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips