We have poured concrete walls in our basement pressed to look like white bricks.
We're trying to attach brackets to support rods for clothes. We have 8 foot rods and one bracket per two feet. We tried attaching them with screws through lead anchors but they pulled out with the weight of the clothes. The brackets have 3/16" holes and it was suggested that we use Tapcon 3/16 x 1 3/4" concrete anchors -- these look like blue screws and I suspect they will pull out with the weight as the poured wall is hard to drill through yet still a little powdery.
Any advice on anchoring brackets in this material for clothing rods?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!