We have poured concrete walls in our basement pressed to look like white bricks.
We're trying to attach brackets to support rods for clothes. We have 8 foot rods and one bracket per two feet. We tried attaching them with screws through lead anchors but they pulled out with the weight of the clothes. The brackets have 3/16" holes and it was suggested that we use Tapcon 3/16 x 1 3/4" concrete anchors -- these look like blue screws and I suspect they will pull out with the weight as the poured wall is hard to drill through yet still a little powdery.
Any advice on anchoring brackets in this material for clothing rods?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects