We have poured concrete walls in our basement pressed to look like white bricks.
We're trying to attach brackets to support rods for clothes. We have 8 foot rods and one bracket per two feet. We tried attaching them with screws through lead anchors but they pulled out with the weight of the clothes. The brackets have 3/16" holes and it was suggested that we use Tapcon 3/16 x 1 3/4" concrete anchors -- these look like blue screws and I suspect they will pull out with the weight as the poured wall is hard to drill through yet still a little powdery.
Any advice on anchoring brackets in this material for clothing rods?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love