We have poured concrete walls in our basement pressed to look like white bricks.
We're trying to attach brackets to support rods for clothes. We have 8 foot rods and one bracket per two feet. We tried attaching them with screws through lead anchors but they pulled out with the weight of the clothes. The brackets have 3/16" holes and it was suggested that we use Tapcon 3/16 x 1 3/4" concrete anchors -- these look like blue screws and I suspect they will pull out with the weight as the poured wall is hard to drill through yet still a little powdery.
Any advice on anchoring brackets in this material for clothing rods?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING