Five years ago we remodeled our kitchen with granite countertops, high end appliances and lovely maple cabinets. Our contractor did not discuss various cabinetry finishes that might be available, but applied a light one of some kind. Water from the dishwasher (steam being released), moisture from boiling pots on the stove, water escaping from the fridge dispenser and damp fingertips have left small white stains in many places around the kitchen.
The kitchen looks tired - and yet some of it was unavoidable (like the dishwasher's steam during the dry cycle). We have tried to be careful but it looks like we abused the poor kitchen.
What can we do to blend out these white water stains?
Should we refinish the cabinets, or is there a cheaper way?
Many thanks for your advice.
water stains on plaster
for sale:kingswood white maple cabinets + granite co...
basement with water stains
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers