Five years ago we remodeled our kitchen with granite countertops, high end appliances and lovely maple cabinets. Our contractor did not discuss various cabinetry finishes that might be available, but applied a light one of some kind. Water from the dishwasher (steam being released), moisture from boiling pots on the stove, water escaping from the fridge dispenser and damp fingertips have left small white stains in many places around the kitchen.
The kitchen looks tired - and yet some of it was unavoidable (like the dishwasher's steam during the dry cycle). We have tried to be careful but it looks like we abused the poor kitchen.
What can we do to blend out these white water stains?
Should we refinish the cabinets, or is there a cheaper way?
Many thanks for your advice.
water stains on plaster
for sale:kingswood white maple cabinets + granite co...
basement with water stains
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight