Five years ago we remodeled our kitchen with granite countertops, high end appliances and lovely maple cabinets. Our contractor did not discuss various cabinetry finishes that might be available, but applied a light one of some kind. Water from the dishwasher (steam being released), moisture from boiling pots on the stove, water escaping from the fridge dispenser and damp fingertips have left small white stains in many places around the kitchen.
The kitchen looks tired - and yet some of it was unavoidable (like the dishwasher's steam during the dry cycle). We have tried to be careful but it looks like we abused the poor kitchen.
What can we do to blend out these white water stains?
Should we refinish the cabinets, or is there a cheaper way?
Many thanks for your advice.
water stains on plaster
for sale:kingswood white maple cabinets + granite co...
basement with water stains
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!