Hi there, I live in a one bedroom mobile home, and it was built in the sixties. Everything inside looks too retro, such as wood paneling walls, which I'm tired of looking at.
I want to completely overhaul the image, and remodel it inside out.
This is my plan to start out:
1) Paint over all the wood paneling with a white primer, then fill in the gaps with a putty.
2) Not sure what color to paint it to give it a newer home look.
3) Replacing the kitchen countertops, I wanted to go with light or dark green ones, as well as painting the bathroom white.
4) Installing mirrors on the closet doors.
5) Replacing lighting fixtures (I already did with contemporary European spotlights).
6) Retrofitting all the windows with plate glass.
So my question is, what suggestions can you throw my way in order to turn this home into a true single guy's pad? As in, the true contemporary look (I plan on using black and stainless steel furniture).
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight