Hi there, I live in a one bedroom mobile home, and it was built in the sixties. Everything inside looks too retro, such as wood paneling walls, which I'm tired of looking at.
I want to completely overhaul the image, and remodel it inside out.
This is my plan to start out:
1) Paint over all the wood paneling with a white primer, then fill in the gaps with a putty.
2) Not sure what color to paint it to give it a newer home look.
3) Replacing the kitchen countertops, I wanted to go with light or dark green ones, as well as painting the bathroom white.
4) Installing mirrors on the closet doors.
5) Replacing lighting fixtures (I already did with contemporary European spotlights).
6) Retrofitting all the windows with plate glass.
So my question is, what suggestions can you throw my way in order to turn this home into a true single guy's pad? As in, the true contemporary look (I plan on using black and stainless steel furniture).
Mobile Home Addition
what is a realistic remodel for a mobile home?
Same old bathtub woes
Building a small cinder block house inside of my mob...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips