Hi there, I live in a one bedroom mobile home, and it was built in the sixties. Everything inside looks too retro, such as wood paneling walls, which I'm tired of looking at.
I want to completely overhaul the image, and remodel it inside out.
This is my plan to start out:
1) Paint over all the wood paneling with a white primer, then fill in the gaps with a putty.
2) Not sure what color to paint it to give it a newer home look.
3) Replacing the kitchen countertops, I wanted to go with light or dark green ones, as well as painting the bathroom white.
4) Installing mirrors on the closet doors.
5) Replacing lighting fixtures (I already did with contemporary European spotlights).
6) Retrofitting all the windows with plate glass.
So my question is, what suggestions can you throw my way in order to turn this home into a true single guy's pad? As in, the true contemporary look (I plan on using black and stainless steel furniture).
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING