FIRST! I'm probably not good enough to do this, so I'm asking what's involved, approximate cost and is it practicle. I will have it done.
1. double wide 32'X56'
2. moved to present location November, 1999
3. 6 loads caliche & vibration roller/
concrete block and shim with straps
4. has not shifted/sunk/moved/etc. and has developed no cracks or door problems
5. just discovered it's not level (down on one end) learned when I put in new (good) deck-decks level-house is not
6. cost and practicallity of lowering house some (it's now about 3' off ground)
7. would like to add on to parts of the house-add on I understand, but what about foundation.
any help would be much appreciated-never seen or done it so no idea what to expect.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight